Maher's Florist buys many of the flowers we sell direct from the growers. We purchase from both domestic and international flower farms. That ensures that our customers can choose from the finest, freshest, widest variety of floral products available. Our firm provides local same-day and express flower delivery service in our local delivery zone. If you need to send an arrangement outside our local delivery area, we also provide a great nationwide same-day flower delivery optionn.
Some of the most frequently purchased floral varieties are; Alstroemeria, Carnations, Gerbera Daisies, Hydrangea, Orchids, Ranunculus, Roses, Sunflowers and Tulips. We offer many other great flower options. Maher's Florist is known for offering one of the best selections of beautiful, farm fresh flower collections anywhere in Anne Arundel County. Every floral bouquet we design and deliver comes with our on-time delivery guarantee. We also back each floral bouquet with our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee as well.
There are many reasons why people love fresh flowers. They’re beautiful, they smell amazing, and they can be used in a variety of ways to create an artistic statement for any occasion. Here are some of the top floral varieties that our designers use in creating best selling arrangements.
1. Roses: Roses are the most popular flower in America. They come in many incredible colors and varieties. We tend to utilize garden roses, long stem and spray roses in many of our floral designs. We purchase many of the roses we sell direct from flower farms. Our firm buys from both domestic and international sources. The most popular roses tend to come from California, Columbia and Ecuador.
2. Lilies: Lilies are a popular flower for floral design, but there are many different types of lilies. There are about 30 different species of lily, but only a few are commonly used in floral design. The most common species include Oriental or Asiatic lilies (Lilium auratum and Lilium longiflorum), as well as tiger lilies (Lilium tigrinum). Lilies differ from other flowers in that they have six petals instead of four (or five). Their fragrance is strong and sweet, and they tend to be very tall--ranging anywhere from eight inches up to nearly two feet. Lilies grow in clumps rather than individually. They can be used in bouquets or arrangements with other flowers or greenery such as ferns or mosses to create a more natural look.
3. Carnations: Carnations are a beautiful and versatile flower. They come in all different colors, shapes, and sizes, and they're used in everything from bouquets to boutonnieres to corsages. This beautiful flower has been around since the 16th century, and they've been used as a symbol of love ever since. But don't just think of them as a Valentine's Day staple—they're perfect for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, or just about any special occasion.
There are hundreds of different kinds of carnations out there. Some are more fragrant than others; some are more compact or open than others; some are dark pink while others are bright red; some have petals that curl up at the edges while others look like little balls of fuzz. Carnations are perfect for weddings or birthdays because they come in so many different colors! You can even buy them pre-made into bouquets so all you have to do is add water.
4. Daisies: There are a lot of varieties of daisies, but they all have one thing in common: the petals form a symmetrical pattern around the center. They can be round, like a ball, or in the shape of a star, but either way, each petal is the same size and shape as its neighbors. That makes them perfect for floral arrangements—you can arrange them in a circle and fill up the middle with other flowers. Daisy flowers come in many different colors, too. You can find them in white, cream, yellow and orange tones—but they're also available in darker shades with reds and purples mixed in as well. Daisies are often used in bouquets as filler flowers because they're so beautiful and add to the ambiance of the bouquet.
5. Tulips: Tulips are one of the most popular flowers in the world. They come in a wide range of colors, shapes and sizes, and can be used in a variety of ways. Tulips are often used in floral design to create natural-looking bouquets and centerpieces. Tulips can be divided into three main groups: Double flowered tulips, Single flowered tulips and Hybrid tulips.